Before digital cameras came along, you had to set your "F stop" to the proper setting to have the right exposure for your photos. There was a saying among photojournalists: "F8 and be there."--set your camera to F8, and get to the scene ready to go. Not that much has changed, really.

Welcome to the Observer's Photo Blog

Truth be told, I wanted to be a photojournalist when I grew up.

Quotes

"If your pictures aren't good enough, you aren't close enough."

"The pictures are there, and you just take them."

WW II photographer Robert Capa

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Playing Catch

All my cats except my elderly LadyCat like to chase and catch things. So we had a throw and chase session this afternoon after the NFL game got out of hand. They were much more entertaining than that blow out game!

I discovered that if I clicked the electronic shutter about the same time I threw the toy, I got pretty good results.

This is pretty good--just a little bit higher frame and it would have been awesome! She looks like a wide receiver stretching for a catch!

BoyCat likes the fake mousies.

Yes, my GirlCat has bigger than usual feet.

I took more cats catching balls pictures and put them on SKC Observer--here's a link:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
How much to reveal? There are some nutty people out there! Leave it to say right now that I am well educated, a person of the Christian faith, and never without an opinion.