Before digital cameras came along, you had to set your "F stop" to the proper setting to have the right exposure for your photos. There was a saying among photojournalists: "F8 and be there."--set your camera to F8, and get to the scene ready to go. Not that much has changed, really.

Welcome to the Observer's Photo Blog

Truth be told, I wanted to be a photojournalist when I grew up.

Quotes

"If your pictures aren't good enough, you aren't close enough."

"The pictures are there, and you just take them."

WW II photographer Robert Capa

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Oh, In My Dreams...

The newest site in the cheezburger empire, http://overkill9000.com/ which specializes in "Everything in Excess, Including Excess" recently ran this photograph of a photographer. Commenters related she was probably at a conference and was snapping group shots for everyone, or more simply, was just holding cameras as a gag.

I wanted to mug her and take all her cameras, especially her Nikon.


The Observer, trying to remember that thing about coveting. Does it cover photographic equipment? I've got my Bible out and I'm looking for the loophole!

2 comments:

  1. Dear The Observer,
    It's my understanding that the covet commandments are in there to keep us humble since they are impossible to achieve--thought-crime, if you will.

    Anyway, not mugging people is surely in there somewhere! the not stealing part. And gluttony is in there too!

    I think she's probably coveting a massage about now, or perhaps an osteopath.

    Ann T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann T:
    Yup, all that you say is true. There will be no mugging, and no coveting, really! (Although I really would like to have a DSLR...)

    Saving is what will happen...saving pennies to eventually get a DSLR...

    Posted this cause I got a laugh from seeing all those cameras!

    The Observer

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
How much to reveal? There are some nutty people out there! Leave it to say right now that I am well educated, a person of the Christian faith, and never without an opinion.